Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Please Go Back To Sleep....Please?

For the last 4 nights, Evelyn gets up at least every 2 hours.  It's like she is just really uncomfortable.  She just isn't staying asleep and she's wanting to nurse all the time at night.  It's driving me crazy.  It's not the initial bedtime that is hard.  She goes right to sleep around 8 every night.  I just don't understand.

She has been moody and drooling alot and chewing on everything, but she's been that way for over a week and no signs of teeth, so I'm thinking I can't really blame teething anymore.  I don't think there is anything wrong, but I keep hearing about these other parents and babies who have children younger than her who sleep all freaking night long.

Now from a breastfeeding mom standpoint, Ouch.  All night is a long time to get engorged.... BUT, from a tired as hell mom...WHY? WHY CAN"T EVELYN DO THAT JUST ONCE?!?!

::Sigh::

So I got up this morning at 5:30 with my darling little one and sat to googling for support.

THANK YOU http://blogcritics.org/culture/article/a-helping-hand-my-baby-wont/
Encouraging and just hippie enough to give me the power boost of confidence that this won't last forever and one day she will sleep all night...

2 comments:

  1. I'll tell you what. Bella did that exact same thing while teething for a good month before she popped her first tooth. Shoot, she still does it when another tooth is about to come out. Like right now :)! Don't write off teething too quickly. It may not be it, but its always a possibility. I'm right there with you though! I was up until 12:30 last night with her, then got up at 3:30, then again at like 8. I hope it gets better. You can only stand being sleep deprived for so long, right!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is certainly encouraging because the moody, weird behavior has been going on for about a month, so not maybe she will get the darn tooth and I can have peace for 24 hours before she starts up again. I think the worst thing is, there is just no comforting her. If I feel this bad about her mouth hurting a little, I'm probably going to kick the ass of whatever 3 year old wont let her play tag one day....

    ReplyDelete