Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Nature Love

A few days ago, Doc and I were talking about passion.  Not the fun marital kind, but the “what are you passionate” about kind.  I asked him to list things I was passionate about and the first thing he named was “the Earth”.  This is completely true.  I am not just passionate about “saving the Earth” but about connecting with it.

Bare with me…monkeytree

I love being outdoors.  I love feeling the sun or the wind or the rain.  I love the smells and sights the Earth offers.  I’m passionate about connecting to the world around me, nature in particular. 

With it being summer, we are spending a lot more time out of doors.  I believe a love of nature breeds a respect for it, and this is what I hope for my daughter.

So here is my question for you.  Are you passionate about the Earth?  Do you spend time out of doors very often?  Do you think there is a correlation?

My mom and I enjoy a cup of coffee outside while Evelyn plays on the porch every morning.  It’s a beautiful way to start or end your day.  Maybe try it?  Enjoy a nice beverage outside today and try to indulge in nature love.

1 comment:

  1. I don't spend enough time outside. But I also need to get over the fact that bugs and snakes and spiders live outside. They're there and there is nothing I can do about it! Why should they ruin my fun.

    ReplyDelete