Well, good news yesterday, bad news today.
My little man likely has Transposition of the Greater Vessels. This means that it looks like his Pulmonary Artery and Aorta might be hooked up to the wrong sides of the heart.
There are some problems that come along with this, but essentially what we understand this likely means is that his first surgery will be much more complicated, but that surgery will fix the arteries. This is still fixable, just a little more intense.
I'm clinging to the fixable. I can withstand all of this is I can still hold out hope that he will be okay in the end. The only problem is, every little obstacle that shows up makes me feel like that hope is slipping.
Once again, when we meet with the Pediatric Cardiologist on the 11th, we are hoping to have some more answers. I'm starting to wonder though, if this will require us to visit another city for our delivery and for Rowan's surgeries.
I had a bit of a breakdown today. Thank goodness my mother is here to help. She is taking care of Little Bird while I get my shit together. Doc told me today that I need to let the people in our lives take care of us for a little while so we can take care of Rowan. I'm trying to accept help and not let it make me feel like a failure.
Thank you to my wonderful coworker who decided to decorate my classroom for me and to the ladies who arranged all my furniture in my classroom.