Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Morning Walk

My dog has inspired this new habit of mine. I get up, let the dog out, eat breakfast while he runs around, get dressed, and then leash the 10 lb fuzzball so we can take a morning walk. It's the nicest part of the day here in humid Oklahoma, before 9:00AM. The air still smells fresh and hasn't taken on the humid moldy smell it gets in the afternoon. We walk about a mile total, which is about as much as my pregnant body can handle right now in one stretch. I find it really seems to get me up and going for the day. I get much more done on mornings where I go walk outside. I see other parents walking in the morning and pushing their strollers or carrying their kiddos out in the fresh air. I'm excited to show this to our little Evelyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment