Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goals for the Upcoming Season

 

Ok, I don’t do that well with "New Years Resolutions” because you’re generally supposed to do something for an entire year and my attention span isn’t anywhere near that.  So here are my goals for the first quarter of the year, to be completed/evaluated at the Vernal Equinox in March.

 

1.) Stop throwing away food.  I HATE wasting any amount of food.  So I want to stop throwing away food because it expires, because we never ate the leftovers, because I made way too much to begin with, or because nobody really likes that food that much.  So I am going to try planning out meals better and cooking/buying in smaller quantities.  Even if it is cheaper to buy the larger package, it doesn’t really matter if you end up throwing away the extras.

502155430_ca46611dde

2.) Exercise 3-4 times a week.  I struggle during the work week with getting any kind of workout other than keeping up with Little Bird.  So I am going to try to do Yoga on Monday, Wednesday, Friday when she goes to bed, and then get at least ONE good family workout in on the weekend.  Maybe we’ll go for a walk or go rock climbing for a date.

catstretch

3.) Use my cloth grocery bags.  I’ve been lazy about it.  I plan on keeping them in the car so I stop using the plastic ones.  I’d been justifying it based on the fact that we have to pick up after our dog at the apartment complex, but I’d rather use some biodegradable doggy doo doo bags.

59429148v14_240x240_Back

4.) Bring Sexy Back.  Yes, I’m a mom.  Yes, I’m married and “the hunt” is over.  But that doesn’t mean I can’t still be a hott mama.  So I’m bringing sexy back 2011.  Watch yourself.

honeymoon 026

3 comments:

  1. Do you do leftovers? That always saves us from throwing away as much food as we used to. Steve takes what's left to work the next day. I also split meat into different containers and freeze the extra til we need it. It seems like whatever I make always makes enough for 3 adults. I hate eating leftovers, but I've certainly sucked it up and done it anyway :). Yay for saving food and money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just aren't good at eating leftovers. We so rarely eat all of them. I think that cooking just enough is the best that we can do. Doc eats at the hospital for lunches and I generally do a vegetable soup for the entire week at work so I know that I get all my veggies in. I do freeze meat when I buy more of it because of sale prices, but Doc is convinced it compromises the flavor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! That's why you add some flavor to the meat. Pork and chicken are pretty bland anyway. But continuely portioning won't be too hard. Just annoying until you get used to it :)

    ReplyDelete