Friday, October 2, 2009

I think I am doing something wrong....

So, vinegar is a wonderful substitute for household cleaners. Particularly if you have a dog like mine that follows you everywhere and wants to stick their nose in every substance you put on every surface. I've found that it works really well too. The smell is not my favorite, but it goes away once it dries completely (it makes my wood look pretty too).

So I came across another handy use for vinegar. White vinegar makes a wonderful fabric softener! Absolutely true! I pour a little in with my washer and my clothes feel great! The smell goes away a lot during the rinse cycle and the rest goes away while they dry.

And now...where I think I am screwing up. Recently, I decided to try a few of the "shampoo free" alternatives. I have heard so many raves about no longer using shampoo and switching to "washing" your hair with a baking soda and water mixture every few days and using a Apple Cider Vinegar rinse. I ran out of conditioner, and thought "okay vinegar! You have never led me astray! Let's do this!"...the smell does not rinse out or go away completely when you dry your hair. I'm so confused. It's never done this to me before! Time to find some answers.....

1 comment:

  1. I have found that Apple Cider Vinegar is the stinkiest of them all! It smells the best (I think) but it never goes away! I would think regular vinegar would have been a better idea. Or... add some of those oil scents?

    ReplyDelete