Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mango Black Bean Salsa

This was a recipe I found online. It was a HUGE hit at dinner! I made it with the following recipe and it took NO time at all! You can (for you meat lovers) make fajita seasoned chicken to serve with this salsa and it is delicious as well! It's a quick easy summer meal, or a great snack/party food!

Mango Black Bean Salsa Ingredients:

1 mango, cubed
1/4 onion (I prefer yellow)
1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
1 can of rinsed black beans
1 can of rinsed corn
1 teaspoon garlic salt

In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Serve with tortilla chips, use as a taco filler, you name it! Prep time is about 10 minutes.


Additional Notes: I made this at the same time I did the fruit and vegetable salad, so I chopped the onion, cubed the mango, and chopped the parsley all at once to save on cooking time, and then put those 3 ingredients in the refridgerator until I was ready to make the rest of the salsa. I prefer frozen corn so I cooked frozen corn and then rinsed it with the black beans. Walmart did not carry uncooked black beans or I would have made them myself too. This salsa only has 39 calories per serving (without chicken) and makes 8 servings! The image shown is leftover after 4 people at multiple servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment