Tuesday, August 28, 2012

So, my son died…

I realized today while going back over my blog that I hadn’t even posted on this one what happened to Rowan, my little Wolfling.

The long and the short of it is simply that Rowan’s body wasn’t compatible with long term life. We wanted it to be. We did what we could to give him his best chance at a long and happy childhood, and when that was no longer even a remote possibility, we decided to love him and enjoy the time we had left, making it the best possible.

Hospice was not only the right decision for our family, but a beautiful time for our family.  We lived the way I wish we’d always live and know we will continue to live. We loved him. We said goodbye.

He died on July 29th, holding our hands. He died peacefully, free of pain.

My son was a beautiful, amazing little boy that we knew would only be with us for a short time. Kids with his heart defects don’t die of old age. Same for kids with Cystic Fibrosis.

You can read about my little Wolfling on the blog we dedicated to him as we chronicled his short but meaningful life at withineachheart.blogspot.com

One day, I will sit down and write at length about hospice, “allowing” death, and what amazing peace hospice gave us as a family, but for now, this is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment